Today, I found this post that I had started on February 19, but never finished it! but, better late than never...
This week I had the time to quilt my off center logcabin quilt. It's not bound yet, but it is quilted!
I started this quilt in November 2014 at a quilting retreat with the goal of trying out a new ruler.
I started by making the nine blocks that are yellow and white.
It didn't seem very big, so I decided to make more blocks. I didn't have that many yellow fabrics left, so that's when I pulled out the blue fabrics.
when I finally completed all the blocks, and sewed the top together, I really liked the way it looked. I knew that the large white spaces would have to have some special quilting in them to enhance the design.
I spent many nights trying out ideas in my head while waiting to fall asleep.
On Monday when I loaded the quilt, the only plan I was sure of was that I wanted to stitch in the ditch and echo stitch the seams where the white and colored sections met.
After that, I decided to stitch feathered wreaths surrounded by stipple quilting in the white areas. I just used a blue wash away marker and some round rulers to mark the center vein of the wreath, and where the outside limit would be. then, I spent some happy hours stitching wreaths.
I love doing feathered wreaths.
This is an overall view,
Note, April 24,
well, this quilt has been bound now, in turquoise fabric, and even washed to get more crinkly!
I have also explored feathers much more since then, but I am still pretty happy on how this quilt turned out!